How to do pressure grouting & mortar spraying.
Below videos are Copyright © IMER GROUP
Pressure grouting is a process of filling voids or cavities in concrete structures with a grout mixture under pressure. To perform pressure grouting, follow these steps:
1. Prepare the grout mixture: Mix the grout material with water according to the manufacturer's instructions to form a consistent mixture.
2. Drill holes: Drill holes in the area to be grouted, making sure they are deep enough to reach the cavity and spaced at regular intervals.
3. Clean the holes: Clean the holes of any debris and make sure they are free of dust and moisture.
4. Install the grout ports: Install the grout ports in the holes, making sure they are tight and secure.
5. Connect the grout pump: Connect the grout pump to the grout ports and prepare the hoses.
6. Inject the grout mixture: Start the grout pump and inject the grout mixture into the holes under pressure.
7. Monitor the grout injection: Monitor the grout injection process and adjust the pressure as necessary to ensure the grout fills the cavity completely.
8. Stop the grout pump: Stop the grout pump when the grout mixture has filled the cavity and allow it to cure for the recommended time.
Note: Always follow the manufacturer's instructions and safety precautions when performing pressure grouting. Make sure to wear protective gear such as eye and ear protection, as well as a safety hat.
Mortar spraying is a process of applying mortar to a surface using a mortar sprayer machine. To perform mortar spraying, follow these steps:
1. Prepare the mortar mixture: Mix the mortar according to the manufacturer's instructions to form a consistent mixture.
2. Fill the mortar sprayer: Pour the prepared mortar mixture into the hopper of the mortar sprayer.
3. Adjust the sprayer settings: Adjust the pressure, flow rate, and nozzle size to match the requirements of the job.
4. Start the sprayer: Start the sprayer and test the spray pattern to make sure it's evenly distributed.
5. Begin spraying: Start applying the mortar to the surface, holding the sprayer at a consistent distance and angle.
6. Move the sprayer smoothly: Move the sprayer smoothly and evenly across the surface, ensuring that the mortar is applied consistently.
7. Stop the sprayer: Stop the sprayer when you have finished applying the mortar or when you need to refill the hopper.
8. Clean the sprayer: Clean the sprayer thoroughly after use to prevent blockages and ensure its longevity.
Note: Always follow the manufacturer's instructions and safety precautions when performing mortar spraying. Make sure to wear protective gear such as eye and ear protection, as well as a safety hat. Additionally, ensure that the area being sprayed is well-ventilated to minimize the risk of inhaling dust and fumes.
How to do pressure grouting
IMER STEP-120 set-up for grouting
Pressure grouting at Singapore Thomson MRT Project
IMER STEP-120 set up for mortar spraying
Teesin Machinery Pte Ltd is a construction machinery supplier that provides plaster sprayers and grout, tools and solutions allowing:
1) A plasterer to skim a drywall more than five times faster than using a hand float to apply it.
2) high pressure grouting of materials to repair concrete cracks and filling of columns.